If you run Delphi IDE on administrator account account, you probably won't encounter any problem launching ModelMaker Code Explorer (MMX).
We mostly work on non-privilege (limited user) account for our daily task since Windows Vista. Installing MMX on administrator account and run Delphi IDE on limited user account will not load the MMX expert.
We have to manually install the MMX for limited user account:
- In Limited user account, run RegEdit.exe
- Navigate to:
- "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\BDS\5.0\Experts" for Delphi 2007
- "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CodeGear\BDS\6.0\Experts" for Delphi 2009
- Add a string values "MideXExpert" (omit quotes):
- "C:\Program Files\ModelMakerTools\Midex\7.00\mmx_bds5.dll" for Delphi 2007
- "C:\Program Files\ModelMakerTools\Midex\7.00\mmx_bds6.dll" for Delphi 2009
Migrate MMX 5.0 setting to MMX 7.0
You may follow the steps to migrate old MMX setting to new version:
- Run RegEdit.exe in your user account
- Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ModelMaker\MideX\5.0" and export the setting to a registry file (*.reg).
- Open the exported registry file with Notepad
- Replace all string of "\5.0" to "\7.0" and save the file
- Double click the registry file to merge the setting to registry
- Your MMX 5.0 setting is now migrated to MMX 7.0.